Skip to main content

Plant A Tree Challege


I think we all have heard the above song in our childhood. It is actually worse that we don't hear valuable songs like that nowadays. What I am going to propose is a radicle concept and here it is. It is so hot now isn't it, people in some parts of the country don't even have pure water to drink. We all shouted for deforestation in Vilpattu and we don't like deforestation at all.

But don't you think that just parades are not enough? A lot of us have these questions in our hearts.
Some time ago we saw the ice bucket challenge, the chili challenge, and among them, there was the book challenge, the songs challenge which was ideal for us.

Not accepting all the things coming from the outside world, I thought we should do something that all of us will benefit. So this is the New Challenge.

Let's say that person A challenges person B to plant a tree inside one week. He/She should do a video or photo while doing it and put it on social media. In the meanwhile, B should challenge another 3 members for the challenge. It is pretty simple like that Keep in mind that person A will get to challenge person B only after he completed the challenge. The person who challenge others also has the responsibility to check if the challengees are doing it inside one week or not and should push them to do so.

That's not all. The plant should be one that protects water in the soil. There are plants like Kumbuk (Terminalia arjuna) that hold and protect water while giving shade and coolness to the environment. The goal is someday, this will add some value to yourself by seeing what he has to reap over time. One can plant more than one tree of course and if it is a small plant, that is fine, you have contributed to the cause. If the same person gets the challenge over and over again, he can let it go or accept the challenge and go through it again. That's up to you.

There will be no excuse if a person has no land or place to plant a new tree. The person might be living in a condominium complex. He can plant one on his schoolyard, university, in a friends house, in a temple, in a religious place or in a neighboring house. Because the main objective of this is to protect the green environment.
So don't worry that you won't enjoy it.
Be like the little boy in the song.
Don't wait for anyone to challenge you.
Do the work for yourself and pass on the challenge to others.
So let's get started, shall we? Can you show a plant in a week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving to a star far far away

There is a bright star in the long sky Shining with a smile looking at the Earth There is a newborn golden butterfly Looking at the shining light from far below "Oh only if I can be a star like that" Be there shining aside with it Lonely star, you have gone too far I can't come close to you I don't have the strength in my wings But, if I can I will fly away to you To feel your warmth by your side So I am loving to a star far far away Looking from heaven